This Halloween, get ready to play the ultimate trick on your friends and family with Hocus Pocus Board Game. The game is based on the 1993 Disney movie about a group of kids who accidentally free three evil witches from their prison in Salem, Massachusetts. It’s up to them to make sure that they don’t complete their spellbook before it’s too late!
For age: ages 8 and up.
Number of players: 2-6 players
The Game, which was thoughtfully designed, stimulates playful development. Players collaborate in this cooperative card game to safeguard Salem’s children and prevent the Sanderson sisters from completing their evil brew before the sun rises. Add potion ingredients to the cauldron and try to match all of the colors or components. Binx will assist you, while Winifred, Mary, and Sarah will cast spells to impede your intentions. Use tactics like Burning Rain of Death and Billy Butcherson to assist you on your journey!
Get the Game
The Objective of this Collaborative Game
The object of the game is to move all four witches from their home base to one side. If this happens, you win!
About Hocus Pocus Board Game
A Bundle of Hocus Pocus — In this cooperative card game, players must work together to safeguard Salem’s children and prevent the Sanderson sisters from finishing their evil brew before the sun rises. Add potion ingredients to the cauldron and try to match all of the colors or components. Binx will assist you, while Winifred, Mary, and Sarah will cast spells to impede your intentions. Use tactics like Burning Rain of Death and Billy Butcherson to assist you on your mission!
Ideal for Hocus Pocus fans and families. Whether you’re playing with a team of Hocus Pocus enthusiasts, vintage board gamers, or your family, Disney Hocus Pocus is the ideal game. The Game is also ideal for any game night event and makes a terrific Hocus Pocus fan gift!
If you love Disney and Halloween make sure to check out Disney The Haunted Mansion board game!
Features of Hocus Pocus Board Game
Each game includes a cauldron board, 50 Ingredient cards, a Witch board, 13 Spell cards, a Sun token, four trick tokens (shaped like skulls), a rulebook, and one black cat Binx meeple. All of the components are made out of high quality materials so they won’t break or wear down with time.
The Game Board — The board is a cauldron, which should be exciting for those who are familiar with the movie! On the side of the cauldron there are five spaces where you can place different cards to move your witches around as they complete their potion. There’s also a spinner that tells players how many spaces they’ll be able to move.
Clear Instructions — Learn to play by following a simple, high-quality rulebook.
Benefits of Hocus Pocus Board Game
- There’s nothing better than getting together with friends and family to play a spooky board game on Halloween!
- Hocus Pocus Board Game is not only fun, but it also brings back nostalgic memories. The box will bring you right back to 1993, when the movie was released, making this an excellent gift for Disney fans.
- Encourages child development through play
- The board game is a great way to make sure that you’re not bored at your next Halloween party, as it will definitely be an entertaining activity for everyone involved!
How to Play the Game
A must-have for any family with children aged 8 and up, especially if you enjoy the film. The goal is to work together to destroy the Sanderson Sisters’ concoction three times so that the sun appears on the witches’ board. You each change the concoction in the cauldron until you can stun a witch. Their power, however, stops you from sharing your hand, so you must instead ask each other questions.
Such as, “Do you have any color cards?” – Only asking if they have a specific color.
“Do you have any oil?” -Only inquire if they have a specific component.
So one player poses a question, and other players respond with a yes or no. The person who posed the question then discards one card and picks up a new ingredient card. You take turns doing this until one of the witches is stunned. When you obtain a specific set, it will stun a specific witch, and the sun will rise sooner. The Sanderson Sisters win if you run out of ingredient cards before the sun rises (after three rounds). Other additions/changes to the game include spell cards, Binx mover, and trick tokens.
RULES OF THE GAME
- Each player gets 4 cards
- Keep the cards a secret from the other players
- Place the switchboard nearby and set the sun token on the starting space
- Let the older player go first or decide which player goes first
- You will work together to destroy the spell by playing your ingredient card into the cauldron
- If you can create a matching pattern, you will start the witches. Starn them three times, and you will win
- The game is played over series of rounds
- In a round, you take turns starting with the first player and going clockwise around the table.
- In your turn, you will perform three steps that allow you to ask a question about the ingredients the other players may be holding.
- When asking a question, you can only ask about the color or a specific type of ingredient -like “Does anyone have a purple ingredient?” the other players have to say “yes” or “no.”
- They should not reveal their cards or provide any other information. They could say, “yes, I have three of them, or yes I do, or no I don’t.
- You must only play with one of your cards from the piles from your cauldron.
- And whenever you play an ingredient, it must match either the color or the type or both of the top ingredients of the pile of cards.
- As the game goes on, more and more ingredients will be added to the cauldron, and players are trying to make it so that all the visible ingredients either show the same color or the type of ingredient. This will turn the witch and will make you win the game.
- Some of the cards you play will have a bings icon at the corner, and when played, you will put bings in front of the player of your choice.
- While the bing is at the front, the players play while their cards are facing upwards for everyone to see, and bins will stay with them until another bings ingredient is played. That time the bings can be assigned to another player or kept with the same person.
- If the bing is moved, the previous player takes their card back into their hand, and the new player reveals theirs.
- Some of the ingredients will have a spell icon. Anytime you play with one of these, the witch casts a spell.
- Each spell shows which sister is casting it, and its name is written at the top, as well as naming the spell itself, and it gives you the steps you have to follow.
- You must always play when it’s your turn even if you do not want to. If you do not want to play you must discard one ingredient from your hand or you could discard more. Draw and resolve the spell from the deck.
- After playing a card or being unable to reveal a spell, you should draw a new card.
- The player on your left will then take their turn and this will continue until the round is over.
- One way for the round to end is by stunning a witch and this can happen in one of the possible ways and each different way will stun a different witch.
- If all the ingredients are the same type, it will stun Mary
- If all the ingredients are the same color, it will stun Sarah
- If all the ingredients are the same color and one ingredient is a different type, you stun Winifred
- No matter which witch you stun, place the stun token on their picture and move the sun token up one space forward.
- If the witch is stunned, the spell no longer works.
- If the witch is stunned the round ends immediately.
- You can stun a witch three times and still win!
Final Thoughts and Rating
The Hocus Pocus Board Game is a fun board game for Halloween! The game has a Global rating of 4.6 out of 5.
Hocus Pocus Board Game is a game that can be played with up to six players who work together as witches in order to win. The Sanderson Sisters have turned children into black cats, and it’s the witches’ job to catch them! This board game is perfect for Halloween fun. Enjoy and Happy Halloween!